The video conferencing market has grown rapidly with the continual improvements in bandwidth at home, at the office and on mobile devices. Consumer platforms such as Skype, Google Hangouts, and China’s QQ have millions of regular users. For example, Skype recently reported having 80 million peak concurrent users. Meanwhile, business platforms such as GoToMeeting and WebEx are also growing. WebEx claims over 52 million participants every month for business video conference sessions.
TriDef SmartCam enables more effective video calls by automatically replacing the caller’s background with alternative images, such as logos, photos or presentations. SmartCam also delivers improved security and privacy by offering the option to intelligently blur the caller’s background.
Go to market strategy
- TriDef SmartCam is a middleware software solution which operates as a plugin that works with over 20 existing video conferencing platforms, including Skype, QQ, Google Hangouts, WebEx, GoToMeeting and ooVoo
- End users can download, try and purchase the app from TriDef.com
- A growing number of affiliates promote SmartCam to their end users
Summary business model
- Consumer price is $14.99 for the full TriDef SmartCam license
- Affiliate agreements drive end user downloads for which affiliates are compensated by GenMe from end user revenues